Updated As Of August 2022.
At Mayflower, your privacy is our utmost priority. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. This policy is designed to be in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of the United States of America. If you have any privacy concerns, please contact us.
1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
Who We Are
In this privacy notice, “We”, “Us” and “Our”, refer to Mayflower Distributing Company, headquartered at 1155 Medallion Drive, Mendota Heights, MN 55120.
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our website, including any data you may provide through this website when you, for example, sign up to our newsletter, request or purchase a product or service, or simply request information about us.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you, so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
We may need to update this privacy statement from time to time and when we do so we will place a notice on our website to let you know.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This privacy notice does not extend to your use of the internet outside of our websites. Our websites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data which may include first name, last name, title, username or similar identifier, date of birth, gender.
- Contact Data which may include billing address, delivery address, job title, email addresses, telephone numbers and business type.
- Financial Data which may include bank account, payment card details and company performance data.
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased or requested from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data which may include your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, accreditation history, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving communications and marketing material from us and any third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect and use, but do NOT share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data) nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial and Marketing and Communication Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, web form or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you, for example:
- apply for or order our products;
- create an account;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- register for a promotion or complete a survey;
- give us some feedback.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties [and public sources] as set out below:
Technical Data from:
- analytics providers [such as Google];
- advertising networks [such as Facebook]; and
- search information providers [such as Google].
- Identity, Financial and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators [such as Dun and Bradstreet]
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of an agreed third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods from us [or if you provided us with your details when you registered for a promotion] and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We do not sell, rent or share your contact details to third parties for marketing purposes.
You can always ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and request your permission with an explanation of the unrelated matter.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The only people we will share your personal data with are external third parties as described below.
Service providers [acting as processors] who may provide printing, delivery, IT or system administration services.
Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
Other Third Parties which do not fall into the above groups, such as Market Research companies, Company Credit Rating agencies, Buying Groups of which you are a member etc.
6. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7. DATA RETENTION
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
Request correction of your personal data
Request access to your personal data
Request erasure of your personal data
Object to processing of your personal data
Request restriction of processing your personal data
Request transfer of your personal data
Right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.